Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2013/04/19 21:57:52 UTC

allowing EMAIL_VIEW on wiki pages

Hi,

Earlier I added a wiki page to add information about ways of contacting
us at https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContactInfo
with the intention of this being relatively detailed about subscribing,
unsubscribing and use of the email lists and other channels. It is
vaguely modelled on the table at
http://subversion.apache.org/mailing-lists.html but not particularly
well formatted yet.

One of the issues that I want to sort out with this is the fact that we
are unable to see email links properly without EMAIL_VIEW being provided
to anonymous users. I don't think that this is appropriate throughout
the site and so I am looking at setting up fine-grained permissions to
allow EMAIL_VIEW for wiki pages only. Please let me know opinions (like
whether I will be wasting my time because you don't think it is
necessary or whether it should be restricted to a subset of the wiki pages.)

Cheers,
      Gary

Re: allowing EMAIL_VIEW on wiki pages

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 5:13 PM, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 20.04.2013 01:07, Ryan Ollos wrote:

> >> :)
> >>
> >> [...]
> provided
> >>>
> >> you could just escape them e.g. !user@domain.tld ;)
> >>
> > Having hyperlinks on the page can be nice though.
>
> It's also a great way to feed automatic e-mail address harvesters.
>
> -- Brane

Has this been a problem for the Subversion project?
http://subversion.apache.org/contributing.html

Our preference as a community is to have you first
report the bug to the <a href="mailto:users@subversion.apache.org"

Re: allowing EMAIL_VIEW on wiki pages

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

--
Branko Čibej

Re: allowing EMAIL_VIEW on wiki pages

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/19/13, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> :)
>
> [...]
> >
> > One of the issues that I want to sort out with this is the fact that we
> > are unable to see email links properly without EMAIL_VIEW being provided
> > to anonymous users. I don't think that this is appropriate throughout
> > the site and so I am looking at setting up fine-grained permissions to
> > allow EMAIL_VIEW for wiki pages only. Please let me know opinions (like
> > whether I will be wasting my time because you don't think it is
> > necessary or whether it should be restricted to a subset of the wiki
> > pages.)
> >

> you could just escape them e.g. !user@domain.tld ;)

Having hyperlinks on the page can be nice though. Enabling the AuthzPolicy
and granting EMAIL_VIEW to anonymous for BloodhoundContactInfo seems like a
quick and easy solution.

Good luck with the markup to make those tables pretty! For similarly
complex tables, I've sometimes used the rst WikiProcessor. Not to say it
wasn't possible with the Trac markup, I just found rst easier to work with.

Re: allowing EMAIL_VIEW on wiki pages

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 4/19/13, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,

:)

[...]
> One of the issues that I want to sort out with this is the fact that we
> are unable to see email links properly without EMAIL_VIEW being provided
> to anonymous users. I don't think that this is appropriate throughout
> the site and so I am looking at setting up fine-grained permissions to
> allow EMAIL_VIEW for wiki pages only. Please let me know opinions (like
> whether I will be wasting my time because you don't think it is
> necessary or whether it should be restricted to a subset of the wiki
> pages.)

you could just escape them e.g. !user@domain.tld ;)

Olemis.