Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/07/01 06:53:25 UTC

[RTC] Remove Geronimo modules from dependencyManagement in root pom.xml

Please read the JIRA for details:

--jason

Re: Re: [RTC] Remove Geronimo modules from dependencyManagement in root pom.xml

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Alan, can I get you to add your vote/comments to the JIRA please?

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
The only advantage of listing internal modules in
dependencyManagement is so that you don't need to include the version
and/or type where its referenced.  That seems like a good idea, but
in practice it adds more complexity to the configuration and more on
going maintenance and coupling of modules into the root pom, which is
not a very nice thing.

IMO dependencyManagement really shines for thirdparty/external
dependencies, not internal ones.

--jason

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.