Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "shanmuganathan.r" <sh...@zohocorp.com> on 2011/08/03 13:47:16 UTC

Why the HBase master is not stopped?

Hi All,

      I have a problem in HBase fully distributed mode with four node cluster. My Hadoop and zookeeper are working properly. The HBase also starting and running properly but it is not stopped when I give the stop-hbase.sh command.

      Thanks in advance.....!

Regards,

Shanmuganathan

Re: Why the HBase master is not stopped?

Posted by Rui Li <ru...@fb.com>.
Have you tried shutdown in hbase shell?

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Gan, Xiyun" <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
     I have confronted with the same situation. My solution is to stop
regionservers, then master, then zookeeper manually.

--
Best wishes
Gan, Xiyun

Re: Why the HBase master is not stopped?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Also put up master JVM's stack trace on pastebin.com so that we can take a
look for you.

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.