Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/04/25 23:45:01 UTC

2 modules, cannot retrieve mapping?

I am trying to use two modules for struts. 1 for a developer to work on the main section, and another for the admin section for another developer.

I am getting an error when trying to add a form tag to a jsp page that lives under the second module:
/Admin/mypage.jsp (jsp location from docroot)
                                 cannot find mapping foobar
// actual error: javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot retrieve mapping for action /foobar
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:846)

In my /web-xml/admin/struts-config.xml file the entry for foobar exists:
    <action
      path="/foobar"
      type="com.xxxxxxxx.ProductListAction"
      scope="request"
      validate="false">
      <forward name="Success" path="/ProductList.jsp" redirect="true" />
    </action>

Any idea why this occurs? I cannot seem to find any information on how to configure this.

Here is web.xml file:
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>unique</servlet-name>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
    </init-param>

    <init-param>
      <param-name>config/admin</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/admin/struts-config.xml</param-value>
    </init-param>

Thanks

Scott K Purcell | Developer | VERTIS |
555 Washington Ave. 4th Floor | St. Louis, MO 63101 |
314.588.0720 Ext:1320 | spurcell@vertisinc.com | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.