Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/05 17:10:33 UTC

Re: URL pattern /app/* does not work for Wicket 1.4.6 and WebSphere 6.1

Steve,

Can you upgrade to 1.4.7 (was announced yesterday) and see if the issue
persists?

-Riyad

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
Hi All,

I'm bringing this issue up again as I am going to have to make a decision
soon,
which is: stick with Wicket 1.4.7 or go back to using 1.3.7.

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to understand why the redirection
fails
when using AuthenticatedWebApplication. I created a small bare-bones web app
that uses a WicketFilter instead of a WicketServlet. In this case, the
redirection
to the Sign In page fails if the filter's url-pattern is set to /app/*, but
works
if it is set to just /*.

I am happy to keep looking for the problem if someone can offer me some
advice
on where to look for it. If it's related to WebSphere then how might I go
about
proving that possibility?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: URL pattern /app/* does not work for Wicket 1.4.6 and WebSphere 6.1

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
I have a Panel that is a copy of the
org.apache.wicket.authentication.panel.SignInPanel class
from wicket-auth-roles-1.4.7.jar. The onSubmit code is the same:

		@Override
		public final void onSubmit()
		{
			if (signIn(getUsername(), getPassword()))
			{
				onSignInSucceeded();
			}
			else
			{
				onSignInFailed();
			}
		}

Re: URL pattern /app/* does not work for Wicket 1.4.6 and WebSphere 6.1

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
I have had to deal with the infamous
WebSphere-servlet-filter-implementation-sucks problem before.
As discussed, this requires that the WicketServlet be used instead of the
WicketFilter. Ok, no sweat
since WicketServlet calls the WicketFilter methods anyway. However, I have a
time-critical deliverable
so I'll have to live with it. Once that is completed, I plan to open a PMR
with IBM about this issue.

I really appreciate your help, guys!

Re: URL pattern /app/* does not work for Wicket 1.4.6 and WebSphere 6.1

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
You'd think with all of the open source code out there that actually
does work they could figure it out. :)

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by abdul <ub...@gmail.com>.
Checkout this thread
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/Wicket-1-4-Websphere-6-1-td2309401.html

Re: URL pattern /app/* does not work for Wicket 1.4.6 and WebSphere 6.1

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
WebRequestCodingStrategy may be a good place to start

-igor

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you should try also adding /app/* to the filterMappingUrlPattern
parameter of the wicket filter

-igor

Posted by Riyad Kalla <rk...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

So your context-root is /JobCenter and the URL mapping /app/* -- and after
submitting the form WebSphere(?) is redirecting to the server's root, not
even to /JobCenter?

I can't think of a case where WebSphere wouldn't honor the context root
atleast unless you are returning a redirect from the form in Wicket that is
incorrect? What does that onSubmit code look like?

-R

Posted by shetc <sh...@bellsouth.net>.
Just did by coincidence -- the issue still exists.