Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Hisashi Yamaguchi <ya...@a-dos.com> on 2005/01/28 10:08:11 UTC

Invalid XML character

Hi

I'm trying to run a XSLT portlet.
What I really want to do is
to exchange XML data that contains Japanese character.
Following is exactly the same data that I'm trying.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Shift_JIS"?>
<footballers>
  <player>
    <firstname>名前</firstname>
    <lastname>苗字</lastname>
    <position>Midfielder-Forward</position>
    <caps>159</caps>
    <goals>14</goals>
    <country>USA</country>
  </player>
  <player>
    <firstname>Zbigniew</firstname>
    <lastname>Boniek</lastname>
    <position>Forward</position>
    <caps>80</caps>
    <goals>24</goals>
    <country>Poland</country>
  </player>
</footballers>

Every time I try, the portlet shows broken Character,
and Tomcat log says below.

An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1b) was found in the element content of
the document.

As long as I guess, the encording that
Jetspeed expect to get must be Unicode,
so it doesn't work corectly at any time.

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
--Hisashi.Yamaguchi

Re: Invalid XML character

Posted by Hisashi Yamaguchi <ya...@a-dos.com>.
Hi

The problem has been resolved.
All I needed to do is juts saving file
as the same encoding that is defined in XML.
I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
--Hisashi.Yamaguchi

Posted by Nan Anonymous <wq...@gmail.com>.