Posted to dev@wookie.apache.org by "Rajesh Bhaskar, Chennai" <ra...@hcl.in> on 2009/10/05 07:20:00 UTC

Wookie lessons learnt

Hi Scott, Wookie incubators!

Thanks to you folks for the great work on Wookie...

In my organization, we are using Wookie for showing Google Wave type functionality in Issue Tracking using Moodle as the frontend. The POC has been created and we have some good feedback.

A couple of thoughts from my side based on this project:
.. DWR-RPC for Wookie is IFrame, which we found a little bit difficult to integrate with our system, which used javascript event listeners to communicate between moodle blocks. To make XHR-RPC work will be cool. Finally we made our javascript system use server based pubsub to communicate with each other and preserved Wookie iframes as well in the process.

.. It might be a good idea to allow multiple callbacks for the wave functionality. Ofcourse we are implementing Google Wave API here, but it might be cool to add to that.

That's it. Thanks for the good work ppl!

Cheers!
Rajesh Bhaskar.

DISCLAIMER:

Re: Wookie lessons learnt

Posted by Scott Wilson <sc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rajesh,

Please feel free to elaborate your thoughts into feature requests over
on the issue tracker - it would be good to have a record of these when
we're planning future releases. I know some other users have also
asked about other non-iframe integration methods (e.g. Flex) so it
would be a good thing to look at.

The Issue tracker can be found at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WOOKIE

Once again, thanks for the feedback Rajesh, I'm glad you're finding
Wookie useful, keep in touch!