Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Marco Vermeulen <ve...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/07 08:23:17 UTC

Re: Inclusion of Maven on SDKMAN

Hi all,

Do you have any feedback on the above?

Regards,
Marco.

Posted by domi <do...@fortysix.ch>.
Hi Marco,

I think there is a misunderstanding - no-one is proposing that you should create another CI-Server (like Jenkins)…
All we are saying is, that the backend/server site of SDKMAN should have a crawler component which does a daily check of a page like this:
http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/maven/maven-3/ <http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/maven/maven-3/>
To check if there is a new version of Maven available, if yes, then it updates/adds records in the SDKMAN DB as it’s required - thats it.
This is the concept Jenkins uses to allow automatic download of different version for the tools it supports

/Domi

Posted by Marco Vermeulen <ve...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hervé,

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.