Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by CorruptedBuffer <ch...@mitre.org> on 2010/06/02 20:03:41 UTC

ActiveMQ-CPP: access to raw socket?

Using ActiveMQ-CPP, is it possible to retrieve the fd for a connection, so
that you can perform a "select" on it in the subscriber?  I saw reference to
being able to do this in an old CMS doc I found, but can't find anything in
the current API doc.

Re: ActiveMQ-CPP: access to raw socket?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 11:16 -0700, CorruptedBuffer wrote:
> I know what you mean, and personally, *I* wouldn't want to, but there are a
> lot of C/C++ developers here that think no messaging API is complete unless
> it provides this capability.  When I first tried to get them to use the
> FioranoMQ C++ capability years ago, it was nixed for this very reason.  This
> article made me think it may be possible:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/openwire-cpp-client.html
>
> but I see now that it may not have been talking about CMS.

That article is referencing another C++ client that was contributed but
never maintained, the CMS client does not provide this sort of
"feature".

Regards

--
Tim Bish