Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Steele, Richard" <ri...@steelezone.net> on 2010/02/10 13:50:10 UTC

Oddities adding IvyDE Managed Dependencies library to runtime configuration

I have IvyDE installed in Eclipse 3.5.  So far I've been pleased with how
easy things are, but I came across something odd.

I have an Eclipse project for which I've configured an IvyDE library to
bring in my compile and test configuration dependencies.  To actually run
the code, however, we have to use the runtime configuration as well, so I
opened the Run Configuration for my Java Application, click on the Classpath
tab, select User Entries (in the tree), click on the Advanced... button to
add the IvyDE library.

I select IvyDE Managed Dependencies, but when I click Next> nothing
happens.  If I click it a second time, I'm presented with a mostly blank
panel where I would normally choose my configurations; the contents only
show if I resize the dialog .  Event when I do this none of the
configuration are listed.

If I go ahead and click finish, I do get the library but with all
configurations.  This appears to work, though I'd prefer if I could select
just the runtime configuration.

I hope the above description is sufficiently clear.

Is this a known issue?

Rich

Re: Oddities adding IvyDE Managed Dependencies library to runtime configuration

Posted by "Steele, Richard" <ri...@steelezone.net>.
2010/2/13 Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>

> Yep, there was issues with launch configuration. It works better in the
> trunk version, which is currently being released.
> You should be interested by this doc too:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ivyde/history/trunk/cpc/launch.html
>
> Nicolas

It's good to hear this problem is known and fixed, thanks.

By the way, when I try to look at that link I get an "invalid compression"
error from my browser.

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.