Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by chapurlatn <nc...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/11 14:46:06 UTC

Re: Scheduler throwing NullPointerException for Ignite 2.0.0

Hi,

I think the scheduler processor does not match the expected processor
interface. This results to a bad state.

IgniteKernal is responsible to start each processors :
org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startProcessor(GridProcessor):
proc.start(cfg.isActiveOnStart());

But the
org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.schedule.IgniteScheduleProcessor does
not implement it (missing boolean parameter) :

    /** {@inheritDoc} */
    @Override public void start() throws IgniteCheckedException {
        sched = new Scheduler();
        sched.start();
    }

That's why the default (empty) impl is used. And the "sched" attribute stay
null.

Re: Scheduler throwing NullPointerException for Ignite 2.0.0

Posted by Dmitriy Govorukhin <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi ronly2008,

I applied your stacktrace on ignite-2.0.0, but code lines is does not
matched. Are you sure that you use ignite-2.0.0 (it is tag)? Can you provide
small reproducer? It can help solve problem more quickly.

Re: Scheduler throwing NullPointerException for Ignite 2.0.0

Posted by Mikhail Cherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Raul,

Please use the following link to track the issue:

Mikhail.

On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Raul <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any update on the issue?
>
> On 11 July 2017 at 16:01, chapurlatn <nc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry if the message appears twice.
>> I figured out my account was not ready to post when I send my first
>> message
>> :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think the scheduler processor does not match the expected processor
>> interface. This results to a bad state.
>>
>> IgniteKernal is responsible to start each processors :
>> org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.startProcessor(GridProcessor):
>> proc.start(cfg.isActiveOnStart());
>>
>> But the
>> org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.schedule.IgniteScheduleProcessor
>> does
>> not implement it (missing boolean parameter) :
>>
>>     /** {@inheritDoc} */
>>     @Override public void start() throws IgniteCheckedException {
>>         sched = new Scheduler();
>>         sched.start();
>>     }
>>
>> That's why the default (empty) impl is used. And the "sched" attribute
>> stay
>> null.
>>

>> --

Mikhail.

Re: Scheduler throwing NullPointerException for Ignite 2.0.0

Posted by Raul <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by chapurlatn <nc...@gmail.com>.
Adding those line of code just after the startup solved the pb (very
temporarily).

ignite = Ignition.start(conf);

if (ignite instanceof IgniteKernal) {
    IgniteScheduleProcessorAdapter scheduler = ((IgniteKernal)
ignite).context().schedule();
    if (scheduler instanceof IgniteScheduleProcessor) {
        ((IgniteScheduleProcessor) scheduler).start();
    }
}