Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Douglas B. Jones" <do...@gpc.edu> on 2003/10/13 16:51:47 UTC

[users@httpd] compiling openldap 2.1.22 into apache 1.3.x

Hi,

When I try to compile openldap 2.1.22 into apacahe 1.3.x
with the following:

libtool: link: warning: library `/usr/local/openldap-2.1.22/lib/libldap.la'
was mo
ved.
grep: can't open /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/liblber.la
sed: Cannot find or open file /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/liblber.la.
libtool: link: `/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib/liblber.la' is not a valid
libtool a
rchive

Who is responsible for putting the libldap.la and the liblber.la
in the directories above? Is there a flag ldap 2.1.22
compilation/installation
that puts these there?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Douglas

Re: [users@httpd] compiling openldap 2.1.22 into apache 1.3.x

Posted by Nikolaus Schmitt <n....@scaet.de>.
Hi Douglas,

for some unknown reason the files "libldap.la", "liblber.la" and - probably
"libldap_r.la" are not at  the place, where "libtool" expects the files.
Check the apache build instructions again - an installed package
"openldap-devel" should be sufficient to let the apache build process link
against the openldap libraries. Probably apaches "./configure" has a wrong
idea where the openldap libraries and headers are located. You might need to
add the location of the openldap libraries and headers when calling
"./configure". To get a clue, carefully study the file
"$APACHE_BUILD_DIR/config" after running "./configure".
Regards
Niko

Posted by Kyle Hamilton <wi...@sbcglobal.net>.
this is the best I could find sorry