Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Paris Carbone <pa...@kth.se> on 2017/07/04 16:13:57 UTC

Re: Streaming Graph processing

I cannot answer that for sure since graph streams are still a research topic.
It depends on the demand and how fast graph stream representations and operations will become adopted.

If there is high demand on Flink we can definitely start a FLIP at some point but for now it makes sense to see how side inputs and other related features will evolve to make a proper integration.
In the meantime feel free to try gelly-streaming and let us know of your impressions so far!

cheers
Paris

On 30 Jun 2017, at 19:03, Ameet BD <am...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Paris,

Thanks for the reply. Any idea when will be Gelly-Stream become part of
official Flink distribution?
Regards,
Ameet

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Paris Carbone <pa...@kth.se>> wrote:

Hi Ameet,

Flinkā€™s Gelly currently operates on the DataSet model.
However, we have an experimental project with Vasia (Gelly-Stream) that
does exactly that.

You can check it out and let us know directly what you think:
https://github.com/vasia/gelly-streaming

Paris

On 30 Jun 2017, at 13:17, Ameet BD <ameetbigdata@gmail.com<mailto:
ameetbigdata@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi ,

Can anyone please point me to examples on streaming graph processing based
on Gelly.

Regards,
Ameet