Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com> on 2024/04/15 10:05:03 UTC

[DISCUSS] New terraform git tag for registry workaround

All,

The recent Terraform provider release v0.5.0 has a problem with the Terraform registry website. https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-terraform-provider/issues/109

The registry support isn't able to provide a resolution now, their manual resync button on the provider isn't fixing the issue.

While I've documented the steps for manually installing and using the provider. Most terraform/tofu users are used to consuming a provider from the registry.

If there are no objections, I propose that we just tag the current version as v0.5.1 and push it on the registry for the purpose of publishing on the registry website. We may need not do a formal vote for this as code wise nothing has changed and we can make this tag to be a community release tag solely done for the purpose of having a workaround on the registry website  https://registry.terraform.io/providers/cloudstack/cloudstack/latest which gets published via https://github.com/cloudstack/terraform-provider-cloudstack as the registry also has a strict repo naming policy (due to which it can't use the repo under Apache org).

Thoughts?

Regards.

Re: [DISCUSS] New terraform git tag for registry workaround

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
All,

Update - looks like there was a caching/delay issue, after republishing the provider the issue is no longer seen now (as tested with Terraform v1.8.0 CLI) and a workaround release may not be necessary now.

Issue reference: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-terraform-provider/issues/109#issuecomment-2058519817

The only note for future release manager is to avoid publishing the artifacts before voting is closed, or to delete an already published release.

Regards.

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] New terraform git tag for registry workaround

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] New terraform git tag for registry workaround

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan