Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/05 10:23:25 UTC

Make a 'fake' attachment

Hi all,

I need to create a file of around 25mb during a build for use as a
test attachment for the <mail> task

Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to consider something
with extra dependencies (script, shell etc)

Kev

Re: Make a 'fake' attachment

Posted by yitzle <yi...@users.sourceforge.net>.
On 6/5/07, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to create a file of around 25mb during a build for use as a
> test attachment for the <mail> task
>
> Is there a simple way to do this or do I have to consider something
> with extra dependencies (script, shell etc)
>
> Kev

Maybe just have a file and use it? Or retrieve it from the web?
On Unix you can use the dd command to generate a random file from /dev/urandom

Re: Make a 'fake' attachment

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> > You've got to keep track of my sleight-of-hand on
> the
> > the dev list, Kev!  ;)  If you're able to use the
> > trunk version, you should be able to use:
> >
> > <truncate file="attachment" length="25M" />
>
> Isn't truncate an odd name for creating something
> from nothing?!

see
http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl2_truncate.htm

> And yes I can use the current svn trunk so that's
> cool.
>
> I'm not even sure I receive all the dev list emails,
> maybe it's time
> to re-subscribe and force the mailing list software
> to pick me back
> up.

Yep, conduct unbecoming... ;)

-Matt