Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2015/11/02 23:36:29 UTC

The state of new CI

Just in case it was missed before, I'd like to thank Evans for this amazing
work on our new CI infrastructure

    http://ci.bigtop.apache.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-packages/

OMG! This is so great! I know Evans was doing a lot of it for sure, but I want
to thank everyone who spent time working on this or contributed otherwise!

Cos

Re: The state of new CI

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 02:51PM, Jonathan Kelly wrote:
> Very cool. Thanks a lot, Evans!
>
> BTW, two things:
>
> 1) Would it be possible to run this on port 80 instead of port 8080?
> Amazon's corporate firewall blocks outbound port 8080, so we can't view
> this CI while on the corporate network.

Shouldn't be a big deal. Evans, what do you think?

> 2) Is the setup/configuration of this Jenkins server documented/scripted
> somewhere in such a way that we might be able to duplicate it internally?
> We on EMR would really love to be able to have a Jenkins setup that more
> closely mirrors what the community is doing so that we can be sure that
> patches that we would like to contribute back are not going to break
> upstream.

We have an initial scripting work done under bigtop-ci/jenkins/, but I believe
it is quite behind of what we have today. Perhaps, the faster route is to copy
the jobs and Jenkins configs from ci.bigtop.a.o to your internal server?
Ideally, it'd be great to finish the groovy generation script to reflect the
current CI setup.

Cos

Re: The state of new CI

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: The state of new CI

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.
Very cool. Thanks a lot, Evans!

Re: The state of new CI

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
This is really great Evans.

I have occasion to set up a Bigtop based CI again soon and rather than do it by hand will try out these instructions!

Re: The state of new CI

Posted by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I really like the fact that we're making our CI deployment a first class
product that others can leverage.
great work evans!

--
jay vyas