Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sebastian Arcus <s....@open-t.co.uk> on 2018/03/19 15:29:10 UTC

T_DKIM_INVALID false positives with Gmail

I've been seeing a number of false positives recently from
T_DKIM_INVALID with Gmail emails. Are some Gmail servers misconfigured,
or could something be going on at my end? The DKIM record which is
flagged as invalid is below:

s=20161025;
h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to;bh=8wlgvdpEOmUO2ugslPxRkFYA/ZThwu2bWy5VmlR76ug=;

b=gRcnOIzmENqS8a91mSdETdXvyH6df7u0tSwsadk6CMD0KtAbzuM3ojHW+kPEo7AB1i
    vnbCDc/vsR6H7pP0k3hZmF7z/dAaeZWD4RVzqM+Fv70oHy4af64j+fGSekOCM9o4ShRQ

Vk3KyF+69sKTK3rRWEnfrcgi/pN2DJWDvrIBRjmFOZYKNVN+8elaVM9DOO7tEMLYuw7T
   +sVaUMNt8MuPxRhrskJYOIxK8zzkcJHYV+1TuWJuqZAHRVwgnDWX7q3Wx0GwrX+3lKpm
      3A1+F5dBVjH4dXvdfIESm5XpV8b9uBn9daGWrUgkR+PB23XsL9QkxEqCRXdgII3FRxtQ
Ps6A==

Re: T_DKIM_INVALID false positives with Gmail

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
No, because DKIM is verifying the unmodified header/body (more complicated
than that).

--
Kevin A. McGrail
Asst. Treasurer & VP Fundraising, Apache Software Foundation

Posted by Sebastian Arcus <s....@open-t.co.uk>.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 11:53:19 -0400
Bill Cole wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2018, at 11:29, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
>
> > I've been seeing a number of false positives recently from
> > T_DKIM_INVALID with Gmail emails. Are some Gmail servers
> > misconfigured,

> There are LOTS of ways to break a DKIM signature.

Including signing non-existent List-* headers and then posting to a
mailing list.

 d=open-t.co.uk; s=20170820; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:
 MIME-Version:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From:To:Sender:Reply-To:Cc:Content-ID:
 Content-Description:Resent-Date:Resent-From:Resent-Sender:Resent-To:Resent-Cc
 :Resent-Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References:List-Id:List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:
 List-Subscribe:List-Post:List-Owner:List-Archive;...

Re: T_DKIM_INVALID false positives with Gmail

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org>.
What glue are you using for SA?

DKIM is pretty fragile depending on the signature and implementation.  One
\n\r changed to \n for example which some SMTP transports will do can cause
a failure.

I pretty much consider DKIM a 100% if it works and generally worthless if
it fails technology right now BUT should get better as people realize they
can't muck with things mid transport.

Regards,
KAM