Posted to users@maven.apache.org by thomas2004ch <th...@yahoo.de> on 2010/08/27 15:16:44 UTC

Problem by crearting a new project with "mvn archetype:create"

Hi all,

Usually I create a new project with following mvn command:

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.weichen.app
-DartifactId=TestClusteringEJB

But today as I use this command to create a new project I got error as
follow. What could wrong?

D:\Temp\MyProjects>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.weichen.app
-DartifactId=TestClusteringEJB
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[WARNING] Cannot resolve plugin-mapping metadata for groupId:
org.apache.maven.plugins - IGNORING.
[WARNING] Cannot resolve plugin-mapping metadata for groupId:
org.codehaus.mojo - IGNORING.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin

Reason: Error getting POM for
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' from the repository:
Unable to read loca
l copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
'd:\daten\maven2-local\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-archetype-plugin\mav
en-metadata-codehaus.xml': end tag name </body> must match start tag name
<hr> from line 7 (position: TEXT seen ...</add
ress>\n</body>... @9:8)
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:pom:LATEST

 for project org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin

[INFO]
[INFO]

Re: Problem by crearting a new project with "mvn archetype:create"

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Unable to read loca
> l copy of metadata: Cannot read metadata from
> 'd:\daten\maven2-local\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-archetype-plugin\mav
> en-metadata-codehaus.xml': end tag name </body> must match start tag name
> <hr> from line 7 (position: TEXT seen ...</add
> ress>\n</body>... @9:8)

You've somehow got bad data in your repo. Delete that xml file and try
again. Or look at it, then delete it. It looks like HTML not proper
XML...

Wayne

Re: Problem by crearting a new project with "mvn archetype:create"

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
>end tag name </body> must match start tag name
> <hr> from line 7 (position: TEXT seen ...</add
> ress>\n</body>... @9:8)

uh, I'd say you have a proxy blocking HTTP requests

take a loot at d:\daten\maven2-local\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-archetype-
plugin\maven-metadata-codehaus.xml, open this file in a web browser, and
you'll probably understand

Regards,

Hervé