Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/04/08 21:25:55 UTC

checking data in influxdb

 I'm trying to get setup with InfluxDB and Grafana with JMeter.  I wanted to try Grafana 2.0 (beta), but its configuration is different than the older version that JMeter has documentation for and I've not gotten it to work yet.  I wanted to at least confirm that the InfluxDB part is working correctly and would like to run a query to confirm that data made it in from a test run.  What is the data structure for the JMeter DB?  That is, if I write a query for "select * from ????, what is ????.  I don't know if these are called tables or something else, but basically, what structure is created in the JMeter database?  Into what structure are run results saved?

Re: checking data in influxdb

Posted by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Interesting.  Looks like my issue was using IE for running the InfluxDB console.  When I tried running "list series" I was getting an error back.  Switched over to Firefox and it didn't even recognize that I had the jmeter database.  Recreated it, reran my JMeter test and ran "list series" in InfluxDB via Firefox.  Data!!!  Thanks.

Posted by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

So one more thing I did was turn on DEBUG for JMeter logging.  It sure looks like it is writing data, I just don't see it.  Maybe my query is wrong???  Here's some samples from the log file...
2015/04/08 14:58:12 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: StandardJMeterEngine@309a1aee-Backend Listener testStarted(local)
2015/04/08 14:58:12 INFO  - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Backend Listener:Starting worker with class:class org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.GraphiteBackendListenerClient and queue capacity:5000
2015/04/08 14:58:12 INFO  - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Backend Listener: Started  worker with class:class org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.GraphiteBackendListenerClient
2015/04/08 14:58:12 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 taking SampleResult from queue:0
2015/04/08 14:58:12 INFO  - jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.TextGraphiteMetricsSender: Created TextGraphiteMetricsSender with host:xxx.xxx.com, port:2003, prefix:jmeter.
2015/04/08 14:58:14 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 took SampleResult:HTTP Request - GetPlaycount, isFinal:false
2015/04/08 14:58:14 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 polling from queue:0
2015/04/08 14:58:14 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 took from queue:null, isFinal:false
2015/04/08 14:58:14 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 exiting with FINAL EVENT:false, null:true
2015/04/08 14:58:14 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 taking SampleResult from queue:0
2015/04/08 14:58:15 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.TextGraphiteMetricsSender: Wrote 18 metrics
2015/04/08 14:58:18 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: testEnded called on instance Backend Listener#1
2015/04/08 14:58:18 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 took SampleResult:, isFinal:true
2015/04/08 14:58:18 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Thread:Thread-13 exiting with FINAL EVENT:true, null:false
2015/04/08 14:58:18 INFO  - jmeter.visualizers.backend.BackendListener: Worker ended
2015/04/08 14:58:18 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.GraphiteBackendListenerClient: Canceled state:true
2015/04/08 14:58:18 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.TextGraphiteMetricsSender: Wrote 23 metrics
2015/04/08 14:58:18 DEBUG - jmeter.visualizers.backend.AbstractBackendListenerClient: org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.backend.graphite.GraphiteBackendListenerClient: teardownTest

Posted by Glenn Caccia <ga...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by chaitanya bhatt <bh...@gmail.com>.