Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com> on 2014/11/19 21:19:06 UTC

Change package name 'com.sun.jini.tool' to 'org.apache.river.tool'?

Hi all:

I’m working on getting the build system, particularly ‘classdepandjar’ to work under JDK8.  While I’m in there, I’m wondering if I should rename the affected package, ‘com.sun.jini.tool’, to ‘org.apache.river.tool’ or some such thing.

Any opinions?  I would have to change the reference to classdepandjar in the build scripts, but obviously it would also affect any external build scripts that use it.  I suppose I could leave a wrapper class in ‘com.sun.jini.tool’ so as not to affect build scripts.

Opinions?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

Re: Change package name 'com.sun.jini.tool' to 'org.apache.river.tool'?

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
+1 Peter.

Posted by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Hi all:

I created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-444 to track discussion on this change.  Please read and comment.

Thanks,

Greg Trasuk

Posted by Greg Trasuk <tr...@stratuscom.com>.
Actually, I had a better idea.

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
I haven't tested new language features, it's only been modified to allow River to build on JDK8

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.