Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ken Tanaka <Ke...@noaa.gov> on 2009/02/05 19:41:51 UTC

[pipeline] documentation patch submitted

I submitted a small documentation fix for the pipeline_basics tutorial.
After uploading the initial documentation, I noticed that some of the
code examples had extra line feeds, mainly the xml configuration samples
that use color also use boldface to emphasize some of the keywords. At
least on my browser (Firefox 3.0.5 on Linux), there is an unwanted line
break at the end of bold as if a "<br />" followed the "</b>". This only
affects the preformatted text (between <pre>..</pre> tags).

Look for the "configSimplePipeline.xml" code on the page
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/pipeline/pipeline_basics.html

I found that using '<span style="font-weight:bold;">text</span>'  in
place of '<b>text</b>' solved this problem for me. Does anyone recommend
a better solution? The patch I submitted uses this <span> in place of
<b> in the preformatted examples.

This is issue SANDBOX-278

-Ken

Re: [pipeline] documentation patch submitted

Posted by Ken Tanaka <Ke...@noaa.gov>.

Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Ken Tanaka <Ke...@noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> I submitted a small documentation fix for the pipeline_basics tutorial.

>> This is issue SANDBOX-278
>>

> <snip/>
>
> Applied patch and republished site.
>
> -Rahul

Thank you. Now people can cut and paste from the website.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.