Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Dominique Devienne <DD...@lgc.com> on 2003/11/11 16:13:16 UTC

Beta3?

I've started using Ant 1.6 beta1 for many things at work, but I cannot
start forcing all projects to use it, 'cause I want to use namespaces
and the Ant namespace name changed, but no beta has this change yet...

So I'm feeling kind of stuck. I know active discussions are going on to
try to get 1.6 out the door, but unless this is going to pan out really
soon, I'd really appreciate the release of a Beta3 in the mean time.

Thanks, --DD

Re: Beta3?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Dominique Devienne <DD...@lgc.com> wrote:

> I'd really appreciate the release of a Beta3 in the mean time.

IMHO we shouldn't increase confusion by releasing beta3 before we know
what the details of 1.6-final are going to be.  I'd very much prefer
to get the few remaining issues sorted out now and release beta3 as
soon after that as possible.

Stefan