Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se> on 2018/09/19 08:19:35 UTC

Mismatch in zNode count

 Hello!

We just experienced a very weird case where a single node in our 3-node
ensemble had a significantly different node count than the other two nodes.
This happened during a rolling restart where we changed the `dataLogDir`
directory to be on an external disk. Interestingly, the
`last_processed_zxid` of nodes were the same (and incrementing).

Stopping the node, removing all snapshots and logs and starting it gave it
the right number of znode count. Our suspicion is that a snapshot must have
been stale or corrupt. Anyone else who's experienced this? We are running
3.5.3-beta.

Cheers,
Jens
--