Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org> on 2016/07/13 04:23:01 UTC

CdiCtrl Weld & Test Profiles

Hey guys

Thanks to Ondrej over at Payara, the profile is working.  The new Mr.
Arquillian pointed out to me that I was using the IBM JVM dependency which
has a different coordinate than the Oracle one.  That was the only thing
actually bugging.  Ondrej fixed the dependencies in the other modules.

The one area that's still stuck is Cdi Ctrl.  When I look at the profile, I
see that Weld is pretty much tested throughout, but OWB is only tested in
the OWB profiles.  Is that on purpose?  TomEE tests OpenEJB.

is there perhaps a flag I missed to make Cdi Ctrl work on Payara?

John

Re: CdiCtrl Weld & Test Profiles

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@john:
in case of weld-based servers the weld-api is used for sure (we don't need
special cdi-ctrl-modules for as7/wf/...).
since the only owb-based server supported by cdi-ctrl is tomee and we have
a special cdi-ctrl-module for it, there is no server-profile which uses the
owb-module directly.
if we wouldn't have the openejb-module, we would use the owb-module at [1].

-> the owb-module can just be used at [2] and [3] (as well as the rat- and
distribution-profiles).

regards,
gerhard

[1]