Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/02 23:13:45 UTC

How to process bank statements

On bank statements in The Netherlands we have

   - (partial) payments by customers
   - (partial) payments to suppliers
   - payment of bank costs and others

Where and how do I process these in OFBiz?

Regards,

Pierre

Re: What Java Memory options are you using

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
look at the startofbiz.bat or startofbiz.sh

Mark Grennan sent the following on 11/10/2008 3:01 PM:

Re: How to process bank statements

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Ok, was going to do that once I got some sleep.
may do more.
:)

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/9/2008 6:58 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I will start

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Addendum 2.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
[But these details may not be editable by everyone who can just add
ContactMechs (preferably restricted to persons in some kind of accounting
role).]

yes remember that this is the company party that this is put into.
this then creates the party for the Bank or supplier and links them.
the services for this check the permissions to allow CRUD operations..

[ A CFO doesn't care less what everybody does with ContactMechs as long
as his part of the system (FICO, AP, AR, etc) are in order and auditable.]

no more than the consideration for a PCI audit and security. just
focused on other financial information.

Pierre Smits sent the following on 11/7/2008 6:55 AM:

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Addendum

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
BJ,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Interesting, thanks BJ

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi BJ,

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
once the
1) entities (current or new) have been determined.
2)the import high level services have been implemented,
3) the low level services that to the actual conversion can be written.
4) Secas and EEcas (if required) can be specific to banks for
reconciling the ofbiz transaction file against the bank totals, that
apply. these would be like third party(banks) drivers.
I have adopted using the Contact Mechs instead of properties to put the
bank info for. however that is not the way it is done in ofbiz at this time.

Pierre Smits sent the following on 11/7/2008 2:56 AM:

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Riquelme <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.