Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alexander Piavka <pi...@cs.bgu.ac.il> on 2006/07/11 23:16:59 UTC

make bayes autolearn ignore specific scores

 Hi ,  i'd like to know if its possbile and how, to ignore specific rule
scores (like ALL_TRUSTED) then calculating the autolearn threshold for
spam and ham?

 Thanks

Re: make bayes autolearn ignore specific scores

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Alexander Piavka" <pi...@cs.bgu.ac.il>

> On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 23:16, Alexander Piavka took the opportunity to write:
>> >  Hi ,  i'd like to know if its possbile and how, to ignore specific rule
>> > scores (like ALL_TRUSTED) then calculating the autolearn threshold for
>> > spam and ham?
>>
>> "Like" ALL_TRUSTED, eh? If you have a problem with ALL_TRUSTED you likely have
>> a bad trusted_networks setting. Adding a host to trusted_networks means that
>> you trust it not to forge headers and not to originate spam, meaning that if
>> ALL_TRUSTED fires then the message *should* definitely be ham, otherwise your
>> assumption that the host can be trusted is wrong.
>
> No i've no problem with ALL_TRUSTED , it's just i thoght it's not a good
> idea to learn every mail from trusted networks as ham, i wanted to make a
> bayes autolearn independent of the sending source and thus ignore ALL_TRUSTED
> and some more tests. Since this way bayes would learn from much more ham
> messages than spam messages,esspecialy since most spam messages we get are
> the same. Thus i thougth since the bayes databese size is limited it
> should have learn from at least as much spam mail as ham, to have more
> spam mails detected by bayes.
> But probably i'm wrong or not?

One might say two things. The first is a startled "Well duh!" The second
is, "if you have ALL_TRUSTED" appear as a rule hit on every message then
you're being silly.

ALL_TRUSTED does not mean a damn thing with respect to whether a message
is ham or spam. It just says that the received headers are likely to be
accurate in as much as "you" or a "trusted agent" oversees the header
generation.

{o.o}

Re: make bayes autolearn ignore specific scores

Posted by Alexander Piavka <pi...@cs.bgu.ac.il>.
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 July 2006 23:16, Alexander Piavka took the opportunity to write:
> >  Hi ,  i'd like to know if its possbile and how, to ignore specific rule
> > scores (like ALL_TRUSTED) then calculating the autolearn threshold for
> > spam and ham?
>
> "Like" ALL_TRUSTED, eh? If you have a problem with ALL_TRUSTED you likely have
> a bad trusted_networks setting. Adding a host to trusted_networks means that
> you trust it not to forge headers and not to originate spam, meaning that if
> ALL_TRUSTED fires then the message *should* definitely be ham, otherwise your
> assumption that the host can be trusted is wrong.

 No i've no problem with ALL_TRUSTED , it's just i thoght it's not a good
idea to learn every mail from trusted networks as ham, i wanted to make a
bayes autolearn independent of the sending source and thus ignore ALL_TRUSTED
and some more tests. Since this way bayes would learn from much more ham
messages than spam messages,esspecialy since most spam messages we get are
the same. Thus i thougth since the bayes databese size is limited it
should have learn from at least as much spam mail as ham, to have more
spam mails detected by bayes.
But probably i'm wrong or not?

> Even if your trusted_networks setting is correct and you feel that mail coming
> through all trusted hosts isn't representative, I don't think it would hurt
> learning it.
>
> But to answer your question - use the noautolearn flag, e.g.
>
> tflags DKIM_SIGNED net nice noautolearn
>
> Note that there is no way to set or clear a single flag; you have to list all
> flags that should be set.

 Thanks for the solution

> --
> Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
>                        (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)

            _.-..
          ,'9 )\)`-.,.--.
          `-.|   Piavlo  `.
             \, Alexander \)
              `.  )._\   (\
               |//   `-,//
               ]||    //"
               ""     ""

Re: make bayes autolearn ignore specific scores

Posted by Magnus Holmgren <ho...@lysator.liu.se>.

RBL classes (was Re: make bayes autolearn ignore specific scores)

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Alexander Piavka wrote:
>  What is the difference between the check_rbl* and check_uridnsbl* tests.
> They seem to be made for the same purpose?

check_rbl* tests look at the IP addresses of the systems that sent the
mail -- basically, what shows up in the Received: lines once they get
out of your trusted networks area.

check_uridnsbl* tests look the domain names in URLs that appear in the
body of the message -- in other words, they look at links.

P.S. in the future, please start a new thread instead of replying to an
old one with a completely different topic.

--
Kelson Vibber

difference between the check_rbl* and check_uridnsbl*

Posted by Alexander Piavka <pi...@cs.bgu.ac.il>.

Posted by Alexander Piavka <pi...@cs.bgu.ac.il>.