Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 14:12:26 UTC

Simulate Read Only Caches

Hello,

I do have a bunch of caches that I would like to have replicated but to keep
them "read only" after a certain point. It is a fairly standard use case.
There are master (exchange rates) that are fixed once and for all for a
given (set of processes). Once loaded there is no reason to bother with
locking and transactionality.

I looked at the implementation and there are quite a number of gates and
checks that are in place. I wonder how to work around these.

I there a way to simulate this? Maybe there are even more things that we can
temporary disable to speed up common read only use cases.

Re: Simulate Read Only Caches

Posted by "steve.hostettler" <st...@gmail.com>.
Precisely my intention :) Will switch to the developer list to ask for some
guidance.

Thanks

Re: Simulate Read Only Caches

Posted by Павлухин Иван <vo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

It is an interesting question. I am not aware of any development in this
direction. Perhaps, more experienced community members could tell more.
I think that it would be great to experiment around a topic disabling some
checks here and where. Then it worth to run some kind of benchmark
comparing performance after disabling checks. If difference would be
significant then it most likely will attract the community attention.

> Hello,
>
> I do have a bunch of caches that I would like to have replicated but to
> keep
> them "read only" after a certain point. It is a fairly standard use case.
> There are master (exchange rates) that are fixed once and for all for a
> given (set of processes). Once loaded there is no reason to bother with
> locking and transactionality.
>

> I looked at the implementation and there are quite a number of gates and
> checks that are in place. I wonder how to work around these.
>
> I there a way to simulate this? Maybe there are even more things that we
> can
> temporary disable to speed up common read only use cases.

Best regards,
Ivan Pavlukhin