Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Bharat K. Veeragandham" <bh...@iservicesusa.com> on 2004/11/18 19:33:22 UTC

How do I get the Non-Native Attribute information from the compiled SchemaTypeSystem?

Hi,

Can some one help  with the XSDL non-native attributes?

I would like to extend the  standard XSDL with my own non-native
attributes as shown in the following schema.
XmlBeans compiles the schema w/o any errors but I couldn't find a way to
get the information about the non-native attributes from the compiled
type system.

I am using the latest xmlbeans-V2 code.

<xs:schema
   xmlns:foo="http://foo.org/2004"
   xmlns:my="http://foo.org/myExtension"
   targetNamespace="http://foo.org/2004"
   elementFormDefault="qualified">

  <xs:element name="foo-element" my:attrib1="myValue1">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element name="f1" type="xs:string" my:attrib2="myValue2"/>
        <xs:element name="f2" type="xs:string" my:attrib2="myValue3"/>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>
</xs:schema>

Thanks for your help

-Bharat

Re: How do I get the Non-Native Attribute information from the compiled SchemaTypeSystem?

Posted by Jean-Christophe Pazzaglia <Je...@eurecom.fr>.
Bharat K. Veeragandham wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can some one help  with the XSDL non-native attributes?

not me unfortunately,

but look like interesting ...
humm thinking about it if you expect XMLBean to deal with it,
you should probably use <annotation/> but I do believe
there is no support neither but I may be wrong (for both assumptions :{ )
and anyway putting hook for that should be rather difficult
(maybe associating a class per attributes ?)

Do you have any public document describing what you are doing
(extending the modeling language ... I was already
thinking that XML Schemas where overkill for most users)

Thanks in advance

jc

PS: okay my request has nothing to do with XMLBeans

--
Jean-Christophe.Pazzaglia@eurecom.fr
Corporate communications