Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Rajat Vig <ra...@amdocs.com> on 2003/04/03 17:12:30 UTC

how do i exclude files which are present in a directory found in another...

Hi All,

I need some urgent help with an issue while writing an ant file to build my
sources.

I've two locations where my sources are, in the RCS and one my local
directory.
I would like to give the local files precedence over the RCS ones - actually
exclude similar files from compilation.

After reading the documentation if found out that it's possible and I wrote
something like this

        <javac destdir="${out.classes}" debug="${debugversion}"
optimize="true" fork="yes">
            <src path="${local.src}"/>
            <src>
                <fileset dir="${cc.bb.src}">
                    <none>
                        <present targetdir="${local.src}"/>
                    </none>
                </fileset>
            </src>
            <classpath refid="project.classpath"/>
        </javac>

${local.src} is the directory for my local files, ${cc.bb.src} is the
directory for the RCS files.

This is failing with the following error

file:/dtvuser/DT/PRM/rajatv/bb/genreports/v05_10/build.xml:43:
/icschome/gen/ccgen/ccgen/bb/genrepor
ts/v05_10/amdocs/genreports/source/amdocs/prm/report/creators/fop/FOPReportC
reator.java is not a dir
ectory.
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.types.AbstractFileSet.getDirectoryScanner(AbstractFileS
et.java:372)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.MatchingTask.getDirectoryScanner(MatchingTask.
java:212)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Javac.java:676)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1306)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1250)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)

I was initially trying this with Ant 1.4.1 and it failed saying <none> not a
valid element for <fileset>.
Currently I'm trying with Ant 1.5.1/JDK 1.3.1

Please could you assist me in correcting this task...

Thanks
Rajat