Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Bradford Winfrey <br...@yahoo.com> on 2008/07/23 17:35:36 UTC

Is the xapian search ticket still valid?

I saw this url - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-74?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
and was wondering if it's still applicable to trunk as it stands now.  I need to start implementing a search capability into my application and am trying to keep things "in the couchdb family" for sanity's sake.

If anyone has any input, I'd love to hear it!

Re: Is the xapian search ticket still valid?

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
I'm not certain if that patch will still apply cleanly to trunk. There
was some trimming durring the 0.8 release and the unfinished _search
api got axed. I don't know if this means that the whole mechanics for
having external search processes got axed too.

At the moment, a lot of us are waiting for the couchdb <-> external
processes connection to stabilize before jumping on this.

For the moment, using an external server with access to db update
notifications might be your best bet unless someone else has hacked
together a temporary fix.

Paul

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Bradford Winfrey