Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Alix Pouladdej <al...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/23 21:14:10 UTC

"inquiry" and "publish" deployment for juddi

To follow up with my earlier problem of :
 java.net.MalformedURLException
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:601)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:464)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:413)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.setInquiryURL(Unknown Source)
        at FindBusinessExample.run(FindBusinessExample.java:63)
        at FindBusinessExample.main(FindBusinessExample.java:46)

having given the following:

# jUDDI Proxy Properties (used by RegistryProxy)
juddi.proxy.adminURL = http://localhost:8080/juddi/admin
juddi.proxy.inquiryURL = http://localhost:8080/juddi/inquiry
juddi.proxy.publishURL = http://localhost:8080/juddi/publish
juddi.proxy.transportClass = org.apache.juddi.proxy.AxisTransport
juddi.proxy.securityProvider = com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
juddi.proxy.protocolHandler = com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol

from juddi.properties file.

Does one need to explicitly activate "inquiry" and "publish" functionality for juddi after a juddi server installation?
Thanks,
ALEX

---------------------------------

RE: "inquiry" and "publish" deployment for juddi

Posted by Alix Pouladdej <al...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Steve. My problem is that I am trying to set up registry parameters
for juddi to be able to access it through an external client (I will adopt one
from uddi4j). But the problem I am having now is that eventhough I have
set up juddi properly and can access its database through happyjudy.jsp
and a database servlet, I can't access it through a uddi-browser
(uddibrowser.org). I am trying to use the browser to set the inquiry and publish parameters for the juddi.

I get the following errors:

D:\uddi_browser>java -Xmx30m -cp "lib\activation.jar;lib\BCEL.jar;lib\bsf.jar;li
b\imap.jar;lib\java_cup.jar;lib\JLex.jar;lib\mailapi.jar;lib\pop3.jar;lib\regexp
.jar;lib\runtime.jar;lib\servlet-2_3-fcs-classfiles.zip;lib\smtp.jar;lib\soap.ja
r;lib\uddi4j.jar;lib\xalan.jar;lib\xalanservlet.jar;lib\xercesImpl.jar;lib\xmiso
ap.jar;lib\xml-apis.jar;lib\xmlParserAPIs.jar;lib\xsltc.jar;lib\jsse.jar;lib\ub.
jar;C:\me\dev\uddi4j\samples" org.uddibrowser.UDDIBrowser
Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis/A
xisFault
        at org.uddi4j.transport.TransportFactory.getTransport(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.send(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.find_business(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddibrowser.uddi.UDDIWrapper.findBusiness(UDDIWrapper.java:477)
        at org.uddibrowser.RegistryActionController.processRead(RegistryActionCo
ntroller.java:500)
        at org.uddibrowser.RegistryActionController.asyncWork(RegistryActionCont
roller.java:471)
        at org.uddibrowser.RegistryActionController.access$000(RegistryActionCon
troller.java:76)
        at org.uddibrowser.RegistryActionController$1.construct(RegistryActionCo
ntroller.java:354)
        at org.uddibrowser.ui.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:137)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> wrote:
Alix,

The "juddi.proxy.xxxx" properties are used by the jUDDI proxy (an
alternative to UDDI4j) and are not used or referenced by the jUDDI
server.

Unfortunately setting them will not help you solve the UDDI4j
configuration problem you're experiencing.

Steve

To follow up with my earlier problem of :
java.net.MalformedURLException
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:601)
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:464)
at java.net.URL.(URL.java:413)

Posted by Alix Pouladdej <al...@yahoo.com>.
I used the *.war file to set up juddi. I think the issue is that probably I need to
use uddi browser to set "inquiry" and "publish" of my registry. I have just
downloaded a uddi-browser and am attemtping to set up the registry parameters before I could use the uddi4j code, I think.
Thanks Feng.

Feng Tang <fe...@thedistillery.com.au> wrote:

I am not quite sure your problem. Have you used the sample.properties file in UDDI4j sample codes?

You should also set the properties in the sample.properties properly, such as URL. At my first attempt to use juddi, I even didn�t rebuild the

juddi src code and directly put the juddi.war from web site into server. And it works. So set the sample.properties.

[...]

The Distillery Pty Limited
ABN 69 080 932 467
P.O. Box 940
Dickson ACT, 2602.
Australia
Phone: +61 2 6272 0200
Fax: +61 2 62625151
Web: www.thedistillery.com.au

The Distillery Inc.
2111 Wilson Blvd, Suite 700
Arlington, Virginia 22201
USA
Phone: +1 703 351 5082
Web: www.thedistilleryinc.com

The Distillery (Europe) Ltd
53 Chandos Place
London WC2N 4HS
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)20 7812 6692
Fax: +44 (0)20 7812 6677

---------------------------------
The information contained in this email and any files attached may be confidential and/or copyrighted information of The Distillery, Third Parties and/or the intended recipient and may be the subject of legal privilege or public interest immunity. You may only reproduce or distribute the material if you are expressly authorised by us to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying, circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or attached files is strictly forbidden.

If you have received this document in error or are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete from your Inbox and/or system.

The Distillery does not represent or warrant that files attached to this e-mail are free from computer viruses or other defects and liability is limited to the resupply (or cost of resupply) of the attached files.
---------------------------------

---------------------------------

RE: "inquiry" and "publish" deployment for juddi

Posted by Alix Pouladdej <al...@yahoo.com>.
Feng,
Thanks. I have modified my URLs accordingly, and have only a
publisher inserted into the table; I understand that it is needed
I now unfortunately get the classic (500) Server Interanl Error:

D:\java\juddi\udd4j_samples>java FindBusinessExample
*********** Running FindBusinessExample ***********
(500)Internal Server Error
        at org.uddi4j.UDDIElement.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.response.BusinessList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.find_business(Unknown Source)
        at FindBusinessExample.run(FindBusinessExample.java:76)
        at FindBusinessExample.main(FindBusinessExample.java:46)

I'll keep at it and will let you know if solve this issue.
Cheers,
Alix

Feng Tang <fe...@thedistillery.com.au> wrote:

Alix,

Also, I have never met your problem before. So I can only guess the problem.

I think first, your inquiryURL and publishURL are incomplete.

They should be http://localhost:8080/juddi/inquiry, and http://localhost:8080/juddi/publish.

Another thing is if you insert a business into dataStore by SQL insert command, how can you set the value in BusinessKey column? Does it affect find business command, I am not sure? But through the exception you met, moved temporary looks like you didn�t insert the complete business information, so juddi can�t recognized it properly.

If you have no data in database, you can also run find business example, and it just returns nothing, but not exception. Then you can immediately try save business example, it will store a very simple business sample into database. You don�t need to do any more setup than doing a find business operation.

Good luck and tell me if any progress. J

I have set up juddi from the *.war file. I have also updated the
samples.prop

with inquire and publish URL as follows:

# IBM UDDI test site
inquiryURL = http://localhost:8080/juddi
publishURL = http://localhost:8080/juddi

as well as userid and password.

I have also added an entry for a Business into the DataSource
(PostgreSQL) directly by the SQL INSERT command.

When I run FindBusinessExample now, I get:

D:\uddi4j\samples>java FindBusinessExample

*********** Running FindBusinessExample ***********
(302)Moved Temporarily
        at org.uddi4j.UDDIElement.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.response.BusinessList.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.uddi4j.client.UDDIProxy.find_business(Unknown Source)
        at FindBusinessExample.run(FindBusinessExample.java:76)
        at FindBusinessExample.main(FindBusinessExample.java:46)

Any ideas?

Alix

[...]

  _____

Post your free ad now!  <http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/> Yahoo! Canada
Personals

  _____

The Distillery Pty Limited
ABN 69 080 932 467
P.O. Box 940
Dickson ACT, 2602.
Australia
Phone: +61 2 6272 0200
Fax: +61 2 62625151
Web: www.thedistillery.com.au <http://www.thedistillery.com.au/>

The Distillery Inc.
2111 Wilson Blvd, Suite 700
Arlington, Virginia 22201
USA
Phone: +1 703 351 5082
Web: www.thedistilleryinc.com <http://www.thedistilleryinc.com/>

The Distillery (Europe) Ltd
53 Chandos Place
London WC2N 4HS
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0)20 7812 6692
Fax: +44 (0)20 7812 6677

  _____

[...]

Tel: +44 (0)20 7812 6692
Fax: +44 (0)20 7812 6677

The information contained in this email and any files attached may be
confidential and/or copyrighted information of The Distillery, Third
Parties and/or the intended recipient and may be the subject of legal
privilege or public interest immunity. You may only reproduce or
distribute the material if you are expressly authorised by us to do
so. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure,
copying, circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this
message or attached files is strictly forbidden.

If you have received this document in error or are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete from your Inbox and/or

RE: Anybody has used web based juddi browser, please help me!

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.
Of course.  I was just looking for some details about what you did to
solve this.

Steve

Posted by Feng Tang <fe...@thedistillery.com.au>.
Yes, I modified some codes to solve this problem, can I do that?

Feng, did you modify source from the latest in CVS or from the 0.9rc3
bundle?

Steve

After I tried hard, I am happy that I solved my problem. I'd like to
share my experience with other developers.

The problem is in the auth token. Look at my exception, the auth token
string has been changed to

authToken: <?xml version="1.0"

encoding="UTF-8"?>authToken:9DEDFE00-83CB-11D9-

B747-F3AC24C72401

An xml element was added before it. It's very strange, I don't know if
this is the bug of web based juddi browser.

So, I later download juddi src code and made some changes, it works now.
:-)

Thanks all guys!

Feng

)

Posted by Feng Tang <fe...@thedistillery.com.au>.
Steve,

Do you mean maybe I haven't downloaded the latest version of source code
from CVS?

Thanks!

Feng

Posted by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net>.