Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sandeep Nemuri <nh...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/19 19:02:27 UTC

Unknown host entry in Deadnodes

Hi All,

I have a datanode with hostname "node100" which is a live node in the
cluster. Now i am seeing the same hostname (node100) in deadnode's list
which is pointing me to other ip and is not in cluster.

Trying to remove this entry from deadnode's list.

Verified /etc/hosts and slaves file in all the nodes and in the other
machine, however i did not find wrong mapping of ip-hostname.

-Tried adding this new ip/hostname in exclude file and ran refreshnodes
command to remove this wrong entry from deadnode list (Did not work).

-Tried restarting/stopping the actual node100 , Then there were two node100
in deadnode list.

Is there any way so that i can get rid of this entry from deadnode list.

--
*Thanks*
*Sandeep Nemuri*