Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2008/04/07 12:34:49 UTC

[vote][result] Release Cocoon 2.2-final

The proposed modules have been accepted by 7 +1 votes and no negative one. I'm
going move the artifacts into the Apache Maven M2 sync repository and also move
the non-Maven artifacts to the Cocoon distribution area.

When everything is available from the mirrors, I will send out the annoucement
messages and update our website accordingly. (Probably not until next week ...)

Re: [vote][result] Release Cocoon 2.2-final

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> The proposed modules have been accepted by 7 +1 votes and no negative
>>> one. I'm going move the artifacts into the Apache Maven M2 sync
>>> repository and also move the non-Maven artifacts to the Cocoon
>>> distribution area.
>
> Should we also put the Maven-built artifacts at the /dist/ as well?
> It would mean that people can get the Cocoon-2.2 jars from many
> alternative locations and closer mirrors.
>
> IIUC, Apache Jackrabbit does that, for example.
>
> I reckon that that would get us closer to ASF ideal
> release procedures too.

Yes, Vadim was pushing me to prepare non-Maven release artifacts as well. As I
pointed out in the voting mail, they can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~reinhard/cocoon-staging/. I will move them to our
official distribution area some time next week, when I find some time to figure
out what exactly I have to do and also have some time for the announcement mail.

Re: [vote][result] Release Cocoon 2.2-final

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >
> >The proposed modules have been accepted by 7 +1 votes and no negative
> >one. I'm going move the artifacts into the Apache Maven M2 sync
> >repository and also move the non-Maven artifacts to the Cocoon
> >distribution area.

Should we also put the Maven-built artifacts at the /dist/ as well?
It would mean that people can get the Cocoon-2.2 jars from many
alternative locations and closer mirrors.

IIUC, Apache Jackrabbit does that, for example.

I reckon that that would get us closer to ASF ideal
release procedures too.

> >When everything is available from the mirrors, I will send out the
> >annoucement messages and update our website accordingly. (Probably not
> >until next week ...)
>
> The artifacts are synched with the central Maven repository
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2). The announcement mail and the publishing
> of the non-Maven artifacts will follow next week.

Thanks for all of your effort with the releases.

-David

Re: [vote][result] Release Cocoon 2.2-final

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.