Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/08 05:04:59 UTC

SQL State 01006, "Privilege not revoked from {0}."

I need to know the variable for the SQL State 01006 "Privilege not
revoked from {0}."
In most messages you can gleen what the variable should be, but not is
this message. It might be good to modify the message so that it is
clear.

The way that this message reads it can be any database object, such as
a table, view, trigger ... basically any object where a privilege can
be revoked.
Is this a correct assumption on my part?  If so, I would propose that
this message read:

 "Privilege not revoked from database object {0}."

And the text in the Reference Manual would read:

 "Privilege not revoked from database object <objectName>."

--
Laura Stewart

Re: Re: SQL State 01006, "Privilege not revoked from {0}."

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/7/06, Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/7/06, Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > So the Reference Manual should then read:
> >
> > "Privilege not revoked for user {userName}." ???
>
> Are you planning on using the terminology introduced in the first
> section (SQL Identifiers) of the reference manual? If so, it would be
> AuthorizationIdentifier. If not, then userName is certainly
> acceptable.
>
> andrew

Hmmm, I was not happy with userName because it is misleading. So yes,
I will probably change these to "authorizationID" or
"authorizationIdentifier"
And thank you for pointing me to these in the reference manual.

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.