Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Noah Mapstead <no...@peacekeeper.com> on 1999/01/04 21:10:01 UTC

Re: other/3614: Install program fails to locate java executable (%java_exe%)

The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/3614; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Noah Mapstead <no...@peacekeeper.com>
To: apbugs@Apache.Org
Cc:  Subject: Re: other/3614: Install program fails to locate java executable
 (%java_exe%)
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 10:57:06 -0800

 Additional response by another MindVision employee.

 Category changed to mod_jserv (not sure if this will make it there but
 subject is unchanged as requested).

 Subject: Re: Question
 Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 09:50:06 -0600
 From: "Matt Dorsey" <ma...@mindvision.com>
 To: "Noah Mapstead" <no...@peacekeeper.com>
 CC: <wi...@mindvision.com>

 Noah,

 %java_exe% is not a system variable in this context, it's a variable
 Apache
 has set up to use inside the installer. I'm guessing it is supposed to
 be
 replaced with the file name of the Java runtime interpreter but isn't
 for
 some reason. The installer is probably looking for the Java runtime
 interpreter and can't find it.

 In any case, you'll need to get a hold of someone at Apache and ask them
 what the installer is looking for at that point. I tried the installer
 on
 my machine and had the same problems you are experiencing. I think there
 may be something wrong with the way the Apache JServ installer was
 setup.

 I've forwarded your message to the contact we have with the Apache
 project
 and I'm sure he will get in touch with you.

 Regards,

 Matt Dorsey		winsupport@mindvision.com
 MindVision Software	Phone: 402-477-3269 ext. 103
 Fax:   402-477-1395