Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/27 15:53:06 UTC

Tiles 2.0.2 (WAS: Fwd: Tiles 2.0.1 status)

Hi all!
I wish to forward a private discussion between me and David about the
release of Tiles 2.0.1.
For the moment I will update the site with links to the 2.0.1 (since
it is already mirrored).
We should start thinking on a 2.0.2 release, since Struts 1
integration code uses an unpublished version of Tiles 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT,
see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@struts.apache.org/msg27951.html
My only doubt is if the "assembly" module is ok for everyone to be
used to publish a release.

Thoughts?

Ciao
Antonio

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/27, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> That worked better, but still not quite perfectly  I still got the exception
> (see below), but it genereated apidocs and dtddocs.  I'll try to track down
> the cause of the exception and see if I can fix it.

Mmm... I tried removing all the maven local repository and it worked well...

> Let's roll it :-)

Ok I will start preparing the release ASAP.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/27/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2007/3/27, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> > Ok I got it.  I'm not on my normal computer right now so I checked out
> > "current".  That gave me a directory with subdirs of examples,
> framework,
> > maven, and site.  First, I went into framework and did "mvn clean
> install".
> > Worked fine.  Then I went into site and did "mvn install site".  That
> blew
> > up with a NoClassDefFoundError.
>
> Sorry, I meant that you need to go to "framework" and type:
> mvn clean install site
> So it generates javadocs, tlddocs and dtddocs.

That worked better, but still not quite perfectly  I still got the exception
(see below), but it genereated apidocs and dtddocs.  I'll try to track down
the cause of the exception and see if I can fix it.

>From a pragmatic standpoint I'd say the assembly looks good - assuming I can
get past my build issue.  It looks like I might have a bad version of a
plugin installed or something.  Here's the error:

[INFO] Preparing surefire-report:report-only
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping
[INFO] [site:site]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] org/codehaus/plexus/util/FileUtils
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/plexus/util/FileUtils
        at net.sf.maventaglib.TaglibdocMojo.canGenerateReport(
TaglibdocMojo.java:211)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.filterReports(
SiteMojo.java:409)
        at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:221)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:420)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecut
or.java:480)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleEx
ecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.ja
va:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:330)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:123)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)

Let's roll it :-)
Greg

Re: Tiles 2.0.2 (WAS: Fwd: Tiles 2.0.1 status)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/27/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Errr sorry I forgot a bit of things!
> Go inside the "tiles" parent directory and type:
>
> mvn install site
>
> > And then go inside the "assembly" directory and type:
> > mvn assembly:assembly

Ok I got it.  I'm not on my normal computer right now so I checked out
"current".  That gave me a directory with subdirs of examples, framework,
maven, and site.  First, I went into framework and did "mvn clean install".
Worked fine.  Then I went into site and did "mvn install site".  That blew
up with a NoClassDefFoundError.  I haven't tried to investigate that yet.
So I went into framework/assembly and did "mvn assembly:assembly" and it
built the assemblies.

I have 4 assemblies: a zip and a tar.gz each for src and binary.  They all
look to be in good shape to me, containing most of the useful artifacts.
The only thing that's not in the assemblies is the doc.  Is that just
because of the exception I mentioned above or is that something that needs
to be added?

Greg

Re: Tiles 2.0.2 (WAS: Fwd: Tiles 2.0.1 status)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/27, Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>:
> On 3/27/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry I used the wrong terms, I meant "assemblies the packages together".
> > The assembly module depends on tiles-core, tiles-api and tiles-jsp,
> > takes it altogether and builds the source and binary distributions.
>

> I wanted to try it and see how it works.  I went into the framework
> directory and did "mvn clean install".  It says it built the assembly
> module, but all it did is place a pom.xml file in my repo.  How do I
> actually build the assembly?

Type:
mvn site

And then go inside the "assembly" directory and type:
mvn assembly:assembly

Anyway I committed a "how to build" page, so in the next site
publishing it will appear.

HTH

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/27/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I used the wrong terms, I meant "assemblies the packages together".
> The assembly module depends on tiles-core, tiles-api and tiles-jsp,
> takes it altogether and builds the source and binary distributions.

I wanted to try it and see how it works.  I went into the framework
directory and did "mvn clean install".  It says it built the assembly
module, but all it did is place a pom.xml file in my repo.  How do I
actually build the assembly?

Sorry for my ignorance :-)
Greg

Re: Tiles 2.0.2 (WAS: Fwd: Tiles 2.0.1 status)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/3/27, David H. DeWolf <dd...@apache.org>:

> Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> > I wanted to mimic how Struts 1 and 2 build releases.
>
> EEEk.  That comment scares me.  I'd much rather use mvn release plugin
> than have to do all the manual steps struts has to do.

Sorry I used the wrong terms, I meant "assemblies the packages together".
The assembly module depends on tiles-core, tiles-api and tiles-jsp,
takes it altogether and builds the source and binary distributions.

Did I do something wrong?

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 3/27/07, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We should start thinking on a 2.0.2 release, since Struts 1
> integration code uses an unpublished version of Tiles 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT,

+1.

Is there an almost definitive list somewhere that shows what we need to do
to reach GA status for 2.0.x?  I've been suspecting a new release to come
soon so I haven't upgraded Shale-Tiles support yet.  I'd love for us to get
on the fast track to a release the general public can start using.