Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Ramakrishnan, Anantha Umamaheswara (Anantha)** CTR **" <ar...@lucent.com> on 2004/10/27 17:01:32 UTC

Pure virtual function called - when using XObjectPtr and XPathEva luator

Hi
     My function(goToContextStruct) using XPathEvaluator.selectSingleNode to
navigate through an XML
and then using theEvaluator.evaluate to get an XObjectPtr object from which
I am getting the string data.

I am calling this function multiple times in my program.
After nearly hundred successful calls(sometimes after 92 calls, sometimes
after 115 calls) , I am getting an error :
	Pure virtual function called
a core dump follows.

gdb stack trace says :

#6  0x60740 in __1cKxalanc_1_8KXObjectPtr2T6M_v_ ()
#7  0x5fa80 in
__1cIMIMUtilsRgoToContextStruct6MnDstdMbasic_string4Ccn0BLchar_traits4Cc__n0
BJallocator4Cc_____b_ ()

The funny part is that my classes don't use inheritance at all !

Could this indicate a bug in Xalan-C++ ?
Or is there a problem with the way I am using the Xalan classes.

Any solution or workaround will be of great help !

Thanks,
Anantha Krishnan U
Lucent Technologies, Bangalore