Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rui Pacheco <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/19 16:37:53 UTC

Very strange performance problem

Hi all

I have a problem with my Tapestry application. Its finished and it works,
except, after I navigate for a while, the application slows down to a crawl
and becomes unusable. I click on links, I watch the browser status bar
slowly fill up and nothing happens. Tomcat doesn't show any errors
whatsoerver.

I believe this problem is not external do the application because the same
thing happens on my laptop and on my companie's server, two completelly
different environments.

Could anyone give me a hand to find whats happening? We're suppose to go
into production and this is the only thing stopping us.

--
Cumprimentos,
Rui Pacheco

Re: Very strange performance problem

Posted by Martin Strand <ma...@entcap.se>.
Create a launch configuration for Tomcat, something like this:
Main class: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
Classpath: ${tomcat.home}/bin/bootstrap.jar
Parameters: -Dcatalina.home="${tomcat.home}"

Posted by Mark Stang <ms...@pingidentity.com>.
Another way is to set up the java opts:

JAVA_OPTS="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n $JAVA_OPTS"

Then in Eclipse set up a remote java application.  Start up the application, have Eclipse connect to it and the put breakpoints anywhere you like.

See attached jpeg, if it can come through.

hth,

Mark

Mark J. Stang
Senior Engineer/Architect
office: +1 303.468.2900
mobile: +1 303.507.2833
Ping Identity

I use the "Sysdeo Tomcat Plugin", which launches tomcat in debug mode by
default.

Regards,
Norbi

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.