Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by cbo19 <cb...@student.canterbury.ac.nz> on 2003/06/17 13:47:20 UTC

New user: serviceLocation=?

Hi,

I have managed to install both tomcat and Xindice on my machine but when
trying to create a new collection (or do anything for that matter) I get
the following

serviceLocation=</Xindce/>
Error: Collection not found!

I am able to get to the "ugly debug tool" page i.e. the db hs been
created and is currrently pointing to:

C: \TEMP\Tomcat4.1\webapps\xindice-1.1b\WEB-INF\.\db  (tomcat startup
output)

Do I need to set the serviceLocation variable to this, and if so where
is serviceLocation found?

Please help!!

Thanks heaps
Carl Omundsen.

Re: New user: serviceLocation=?

Posted by Aadi Deshpande <ma...@clubmom-inc.com>.
Hi Carl,

if you're using Xindice 1.1, be sure to add the -l option to specify a
local database.
i.e.

$XINDICE_HOME\bin\xindice lc -l -c /db

Otherwise, you'll have to specify the full url pathname for xmlrpc
driver.

Hope this helps,

-a