Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Anders Lindb�ck <ve...@malarnet.com> on 2002/06/21 23:43:10 UTC

Does forumdemo works with jBoss ?

I'm testing velocity with jBoss and wanted to try and get the forumdemo to work.

I'm using the velocity1.3rc1  and jboss 3.0.0 beta.

First I had problem with the velocity jar file containing an extra "."
which did not work - but found the answers in the mailinglist archive
and renamed velocitys jar file to exclude the extra "."

When building the forumdemo it says that I should change PATH in Velocity.properties file

However I have no Velocity.properties but there exist a file called volocity.properties
so I suspect the documentations has the wrong file name( names are case sensitive)
and "V" is not the same as "v")

But there exist no PATH variable in that file - or does it ?

Forumdemo first page comes up. However when I do anything involving the forumdemo
servlet it fail with the following error messages in JBoss:

22:16:44,004 INFO  [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardWrapper[/forumdemo:org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.forum]: Marking servlet org.apache.catalina.INVOKER.forum as unavailable
22:16:44,005 ERROR [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] invoker: Cannot allocate servlet instance for path /forumdemo/servlet/forum
javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class forum or a class it depends on
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:871)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:653)
        at org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.serveRequest(InvokerServlet.java:396)
        at org.apache.catalina.servlets.InvokerServlet.doGet(InvokerServlet.java:180)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
22:16:44,017 ERROR [EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] ----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forum
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1394)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1243)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:865)

To me it seams like the it can't find the servlet and that there is something wrong
in the configurations files for the forumdemo.
web.xml for forumdemo ontains the follow:
   <servlet-name>forum</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>org.apache.velocity.demo.ControllerServlet</servlet-class>
      <init-param>
        <param-name>properties</param-name>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/velocity.properties</param-value>
      </init-param>

So why does it search for forum and not org.apache.velocity.demo.ControllerServlet  ?

Anyone got it to work ?

--
Anders Lindbäck