Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stephen Jiang <sy...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/07 19:11:02 UTC

Useless Coprocessors in Split transaction?

We have a lot of CPs in Split:

I know Phoenix relies on preSplit; and I think someone is using
postCompleteSplit.

I just wonder whether "*preSplitBeforePONR*" and "*preSplitAfterPONR*" are
useful - anyone is using it other than our testing? Can I safely remove
them without breaking applications.

  *@Deprecated*
*  public void preSplit(final User user) *

*  public void preSplit(final byte[] splitRow, final User user) *

*  @Deprecated ??? - seems can be replaced by postCompleteSplit from
comments*
*  public void postSplit(final Region l, final Region r, final User user) *

*  public boolean preSplitBeforePONR(final byte[] splitKey,*
*      final List<Mutation> metaEntries, final User user) *

*  public void preSplitAfterPONR(final User user) *

*  public void preRollBackSplit(final User user) *

*  public void postRollBackSplit(final User user) *

*  public void postCompleteSplit()*

Re: Useless Coprocessors in Split transaction?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look
at phoenix-core/src/main/java/org/apache/phoenix/coprocessor/DelegateRegionObserver.java
where you can see usage of preSplitBeforePONR and preSplitAfterPONR .

In general, we can remove deprecated methods in the next major release.

FYI