Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jens Kühnberger <Ku...@web.de> on 2002/03/24 22:31:15 UTC

Does pdf ignore leading spaces?

  Hi,

I got the problem that one of my servlets creates a very big pdf from
database, which can take several minutes. To not waist ressources, I
want to detect if the user pressed the stop button. The only way to do
that, as far as I know, is to stream a space or a bit and check if there
is an IOException. So, does a pdf file ignore leading spaces or bits at
the beginning or is it impossible to check if the user pressed the stop
button?