Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@sopranewellandbudge.com> on 2006/11/21 14:53:15 UTC

button values

I want to internationalise my button values, I found using ognl works nicely,
but the static rendering of the template is spoilt. Is there a way to keep
value static and let Tapetry render the value from the proeprties file
dynamically?

TIA
John

<input type="submit" class="buttonExtraWide" value="ognl:messages.getMessage
('display-summary-button')" jwcid="downloadSummaryToCSV" tabindex="15"/>

Re: button values

Posted by Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com>.
I'm not sure why that wouldn't work, but if you're just using an @Insert,
you can use a shortcut:

--
Peter Beshai - Using Tapestry 4.1.1

Pure Mathematics Student
University of Waterloo

Re: button values

Posted by John Coleman <jo...@sopranewellandbudge.com>.

Re: button values

Posted by Ron Piterman <rp...@gmx.net>.
yes it is much better (faster) , and you can use it on each binding
(formal and informal parameters).
Cheers,
Ron

Re: button values

Re: button values

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
value="message:display-summary-button" is a little better (shorter, no OGNL
overhead), but still not what you're looking for...

Maybe you could try to specify the binding in both the page spec and the
page template, make the page spec the dynamic one, make the page template
the static one, and hope that the binding in the page spec overrides the
binding in the page template at runtime? :-)