Posted to issues@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/09 16:18:35 UTC

Re: [lang] Lang package name change. Was: [(LANG-561) unescapeHtml has been dropped without going through deprecation]

Fine by me too.

If the package name change is agreed then I'm happy to close LANG-561.

Also, we probably ought to make 2.x the 'default' Gump project for
LANG, so other projects have to deliberately choose lang-3.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Guys,

following the list over Gmane it is not even possible to post to the issues
list ...

- Jörg

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Niall Pemberton
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> No, not if it is no longer backwards compatible to 2.0 APIs.
>>
>> 2.0 is:  commons-lang:commons-lang:3.0.
>>
>> So it'll be a change of groupId and you could put both in the same pom
>> without issues (afaik).
>
> Maven and how its organised is irrelevant - its what you need in your
> classpath that matters and if you have different dependencies
> requiring different versions that are incompatible then you're in
> trouble if they share the same package names.

Doh, forget this, had a brain fart.

I agree :)

Niall

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.