Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Helen L Rehn <hl...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/06/25 20:54:17 UTC

Empty namespace in response message

Hi,

I am using IBM's web services toolkit, based on Axis beta 1.  I am using
literal encoding for my parameters.  I have written my own wsdl, and used
wsdl2java to generate the server side skeleton.  The problem is that I
have a complex type, Info, with a couple of strings, that is returned from
my method call.  Whenever I check the returned value, it is null, though I
know that I inserted strings using the setter methods on the bean on the
server side.

I enabled debugging, and am looking at the response message coming over
the wire.

6809 [main] DEBUG org.apache.axis.SOAPPart  - Setting current message form
to: F
ORM_SOAPENVELOPE (currentMessage is now <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http:
//schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchem
a" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
 <SOAP-ENV:Body>
  <addAssetResult xmlns="">
   <redirectURL>testURL</redirectURL>
   <cname>test</cname>
  </addAssetResult>
 </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>)

I'm guessing the problem is the fact that xmlns="".  Would this cause the
response to be serialized into  null?

I tried also regenerating the wsdl from the classes I now had just in case
there was something wierd with my namespaces, but I got the same result.
addAssetResponse is defined in the wsdl as:

    <message name="addAssetResponse">
        <part name="result" type="xsd1:Info"/>
    </message>

I don't have addAssetResult defined anywhere!  I don't know where that
came from.

where xsd1 is defined as:
xmlns:xsd1="http://tempuri.org/MyService"

where this is a namespace defined in a separate xsd file.

and in the deploy.wsdd I have:

      <typeMapping
        xmlns:ns="http://tempuri.org/MyService"
        qname="ns:requestRoutingInfo"
        type="java:com.ibm.internet.vh.cm.Info"
        encodingStyle=""
      />

This problem is driving me nuts.  I couldn't find any known bug -- I would
love to have a solution, but if not, could anyone give me any
recommendations on how to debug this?

Thanks!
Nell

Helen (Nell) L. Rehn