Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Daryl Wilding-McBride <da...@usefultools.com> on 2000/09/04 14:18:45 UTC

SAXParseException when deploying the examples

Hello,

I'm having trouble deploying one of the SOAP examples using the command line
tool. After I started Tomcat, I typed the command and got the exception
below. Have I missed something?

Thanks,
Daryl.

C:\soap-2_0\samples\stockquote>java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root
ele
ment must be well-formed.
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:969)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.reportFatalXMLError(XM
LDocumentScanner.java:625)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$XMLDeclDispatcher.disp
atch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:804)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java, Compiled Code)

Re: SAXParseException when deploying the examples

Posted by Daryl Wilding-McBride <da...@usefultools.com>.
Tony,

Thanks for your answer. It turns out that I had a typo in my classpath, and
the result was that xerces.jar was not at the front as it should be. It
works just fine now. TcpTunnel is a useful utility.

Regards,
Daryl.