Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexandre Stouffs <al...@oqibo.com> on 2000/07/15 16:28:09 UTC

XSP parameterized tags ?

Is there a way to have parameterized XSP tags ?

Thank you.

RE: XSP parameterized tags ?

Posted by Alexandre Stouffs <al...@oqibo.com>.
> What exactly are you asking for ;-)

I am trying to have a html table where each cell has a value resulting from
a xsp tag.

Something like that:

|                   ||                   |
| <lib:funct (1,1)> || <lib:funct (2,1)> |
|                   ||                   |
|                   ||                   |
| <lib:funct (1,2)> || <lib:funct (2,2)> |
|                   ||                   |
|                   ||                   |
| <lib:funct (1,3)> || <lib:funct (2,3)> |
|                   ||                   |

I understand that this can be done by having a XSP generate HTML, or even
XML which would be translated by a XSL stylesheet.

In my humble opinion, XSL is good for translating XML files between two DTD
which are read by a machine. But in the case of presentation for humans,
using a XSL stylesheet limits what a web designer can do. I hardly imagine a
web designer that knows only Dreamweaver starting to write XSL stylesheets.
Ways of presenting information change, starting with the screen size of the
device.

Any comments, flames welcome.

Alex

> Is there a way to have parameterized XSP tags ?
>
> Thank you.

Maybe,

<eatthis name="chicken">

</eatthis>

or

<xsl:template match="dinner">

	<xsp:logic>

	while (dinner.hasMoreElements ()) {

		Course course = (Course) dinner.nextElement ();

		<eathhis>
			<xsp:attribute name="name">
				<xsp:expr>course.getName ()</xsp:expr>
			</xsp:attribute>
		</eatthis>
	}

	</xsp:logic>

</xsl:template>

What exactly are you asking for ;-)

Regards

Michael

Re: XSP parameterized tags ?

Posted by Michael Bierenfeld <mi...@atmiralis.de>.

Re: XSP parameterized tags ?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Alexandre Stouffs wrote:

> Is there a way to have parameterized XSP tags ?

uh, yeah, that's half the point. what are you looking to do?

- donald