Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Robin <rc...@163.com> on 2014/11/21 08:23:11 UTC

A little bug in org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper (3.4.6)

Hi,
In org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.ZKWatchManager#materialize(), even if the defaultWatcher is null, it is still be added into the Set and returned. This would cause a lot of annoying error log at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.EventThread#processEvent as below:
       2014-11-21 15:21:23,279 - ERROR - [main-EventThread:ClientCnxn$EventThread@524] - Error while calling watcher
       java.lang.NullPointerException
           at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.processEvent(ClientCnxn.java:522)
           at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EventThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:498)

It can be simply fixed by having a null check in ZKWatchManager.

Thanks!

Re:RE: A little bug in org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper (3.4.6)

Posted by Robin <rc...@163.com>.
Sorry... I have just created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2086

Later I will search the issues list before I create an issue.

在 2014-11-21 16:37:00,"Rakesh R" <ra...@huawei.com> 写道:

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Robin <rc...@163.com>.
OK, let me try it.