Posted to dev@teaclave.apache.org by Mingshen Sun <ms...@apache.org> on 2020/08/25 19:09:18 UTC

License Review

Hi all,

I'm working on an Apache incubator release. We want to make sure there are
minimal license issues. If there are any issues, we can put them in the
DISCLAIMER-WIP file.

Right now, I did a preliminary license review including license header in
source code and third-party licenses review.

I found three category B [1] license packages (in the third-party
directory):
  - third_party/crates-io/vendor/webpki-roots-0.18.0: MPL 2.0
  - third_party/crates-sgx/vendor/webpki-roots: MPL 2.0
  - third_party/crates-sgx/vendor/memory_units: MPL 2.0

According to the policy, we can use MPL 2.0 license code if we "properly
labeled" and "binary-only inclusion". I'll update the LICENSE file and
related licenses folder to label them.

Besides that, please help me to review the license. If you have any doubt
in your mind, please let us know. Thank you.

- [1] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Best,
Mingshen