Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/06 18:40:02 UTC

MORE ON IBATIS.COM DOMAIN UPDATE...YEP, IT BROKE

Hi everyone,

My worst fears have come true, and I managed to screw up the DNS
configuration. Yay. :-)

My suggestion is that you turn this obstacle into an "opportunity" to update
all of your SQL Map XML files to validate against:
ibatis.apache.org<http://ibatis.apache.org>which will continue to be
the new host for the ibatis DTDs and website
resources.

For your convenience, here are the XML headers for the various file types:

<!DOCTYPE sqlMap
PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
"http://ibatis.apache.org <http://ibatis.apache.org>/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">

<!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig
PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map Config 2.0//EN"
"http://ibatis.apache.org <http://ibatis.apache.org>/dtd/sql-
map-config-2.dtd">

<!DOCTYPE daoConfig
PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD DAO Configuration 2.0//EN"
"http://ibatis.apache.org <http://ibatis.apache.org>/dtd/dao-2.dtd">

Sorry for the troublesome start to your week.

Best regards,

Clinton Begin

Re: MORE ON IBATIS.COM DOMAIN UPDATE...YEP, IT BROKE

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
PS: As an added bonus, my ibatis.com <http://ibatis.com> email is also quite
fried. Use my gmail or apache account to contact me directly.

Clinton

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nilesh Bhattad <ni...@outlinesys.com>.
Hi,

--- The DTDs should be resolving from the JAR files by default, so you
shouldn't need to do anything.  Unfortunatley some XML parsers don't use
entity
--- resolvers properly.  Also, your IDE might want to resolve from the
network too.  Good IDEs like IntelliJ IDEA use locally mapped resources
for DTD
--- validation.

My SqlMap XML headers are like -

<!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map Config
2.0//EN" "sql-map-config-2.dtd">
<!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
"sql-map-2.dtd">

And this requires DTD files to be kept underneath working directory. How
do I make sure that DTDs will be resolved from the iBatis jar files
directly? I tried using

<!DOCTYPE sqlMapConfig PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map Config
2.0//EN" "http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">
<!DOCTYPE sqlMap PUBLIC "-//iBATIS.com//DTD SQL Map 2.0//EN"
"http://www.ibatis.com/dtd/sql-map-2.dtd">

but this doesn't work if the internet connection is down on my machine.
I'd appreciate if someone could help me to setup the iBatis XMLs points
to the DTDs from iBatis jar file.

Thanks
Nilesh

    "http://ibatis.apache.org/dtd/sql-map-config-2.dtd">